LACare - Lakes Area Care, Inc.
Lakes Area Care, Inc. (LACare) is an ecumenical, nonprofit organization providing emergency food for families residing in the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District.
LACare offers nutrition classes and serves as a referral clearinghouse for other services and resources located in the community, including RX Advocates.
Our Mission: To feed the hungry! Because we care!
Thank you, friends of LaCare!
LACare has been blessed with help from many groups who have held food drives, made monetary donations to our pantry or donated supplies and food.
We would like to thank the following for their help:
- Burnet Chamber of Commerce delivered 648 pounds of fresh fruits and veggies to LACare. The fresh produce was used as decorations at their recent banquet. The banquet was the 62nd annual awards event.
- First Baptist Church, Burnet donated 747 pounds of food.
- Highland Lakes Realtors Association donated $500.
- Highland Lakes Service League presented a grant of $1000 to LACare.
- KBEY, in a competition between Marble Falls and Burnet fire stations, donated 3447 pounds.
- Kings Community Garage Sale, held in Kingsland, donated $1000.
- Lakeside Children’s Dentistry donated toothpastes and toothbrushes for our clients.
- RJ Richey Turkey Trot donated 650 pounds of food.
- St Luke’s Episcopal in Cypress Mill donated $2000 on the purchase of chickens for holiday meals.
LACare will be closed on the following days:
In observance of Good Friday, we will close on Friday, April 14
As we remember those that have died in our nation’s service, LACare will be closed on Memorial Day, Monday May 29
To celebrate the Fourth of July, we will close on Monday, July 3