LACare - Lakes Area Care, Inc.
LACare remains open to serve families in the Burnet CISD.
Our hours remain the same:
Mondays 2-6 pm
Wednesdays and Fridays 10 am to 2 pm
Temporarily, we will offer curbside service only.
Clients will receive groceries, meat, bread, and produce.
Our Mission: Committed to improving lives through food assistance, nutrition education, and access to community services.
LACare will be closed on the following days:
President's Day, Monday February 17, 2020
Memorial Day, Monday May 25, 2020
Fourth of July Observance, Friday July 3, 2020
Labor Day, Monday September 7, 2020
Columbus Day, Monday October 12, 2020
Thanksgiving, Wednesday November 25 and Friday November 27, 2020
Christmas Holidays, Wednesday December 23 and Friday December 25, 2020
Also, Monday December 28 and Wednesday December 30, 2020
New Year's Day 2021, Friday January 1 (we will reopen on Monday January 4, 2021)
Burnet County Hunger Alliance
The Burnet County Hunger Alliance (BCHA) is a volunteer group of food pantries, churches, school administrators, elected officials, area leaders and active citizens who have committed to end hunger in Burnet County. BCHA helps coordinate and direct people to existing resources and find gaps in service with the goal being three healthy meals daily to anyone in Burnet County who needs them. Visit their website for additional information
About Your Visit to LACare
- Registration is easy and you will receive food the same day you register.
- Clients complete a simple Registration Form for their household. English Spanish
- We will make a copy of your ID and we will need proof of residence in the Burnet CISD (rent/lease agreement, utility bill, telephone bill, etc.)
- Food orders are based on family size.
- Clients only have to go through this process when you register for the first time and during our annual registration process
How Often You May Come to LACare
Clients may visit weekly for bread and produce. For a grocery order, clients may come to LACare once a month.
Additional Local Area Food Pantries
Information for Our Clients
Volunteer Opportunities at LACare
As a volunteer you will work as little as a single 2-hour shift per month sorting and stocking various food items, filling food bags for clients, and greeting clients and assisting with their sign-in for services.