LACare - Lakes Area Care, Inc.
Volunteers work as little as a single 2-hour shift per month doing one of the following activities:
- Scheduling other volunteer time, schedules or shifts
- Sorting and stocking various food items to be distributed
- Filling food bags for clients and assisting clients in loading food into their vehicles
- Driving to pick up food shipments and donations
- Greeting clients and assisting with their sign-in for services
Items are collected at the local churches noted on the About Us page, during various food drives including the annual Postal Drive.
Donations will also be accepted at the LACare facility.
- Dry foods such as rice, beans, pasta, (in 1 lb. packages please)
- Canned meats such as tuna, chili, salmon, ham, chicken, etc.
- Dry cereal, oatmeal, macaroni and cheese
- Plastic grocery bags used to distribute food to our clients
All donations are tax deductible and greatly appreciated.
LACare has low overhead plus all foods are purchased for $ .15/per pound. Each $1 donated buys more than 6.5 pounds of food.
Checks may be made payable to Lakes Area Care, Inc. and either mailed to PO Box 1115, Burnet, TX 78611 or contributed at any of the supporting churches.
The Facts Behind Senior Hunger:
The National Council for Aging Care is dedicated to helping
communities across the country educate seniors and those who
Volunteers are our most appreciated resource.
If you are interested in volunteering at LACare, please contact us for additional information.